Admin, Campus life & Wellness Manager
About Seedstars and SAFEEM.
Seedstars is a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organised around two key activities; 1) talent incubation and 2) VC investing. We incubate talent and high growth ventures through a series of programs from idea stage to early growth stage. We are currently building a platform of funds to be positioned as a key early-stage emerging market VC.
SAFEEM is a non-profit organization that supports and empowers entrepreneurs in emerging markets. As the consortium lead, SAFEEM will serve as the main point of contact to MCC and will ensure alignment and coordination with the consortium partners, as well as implement and foster learning mechanisms throughout the project.
About the Program
The DigiFemmes Program is a holistic technical assistance program to enhance the capacity of women in Cote d’Ivoire to run and grow successful businesses by participating in the digital economy. The program supports existing W-SMEs in their growth journeys, creates a robust pipeline of new W-SMEs, and works with ecosystem stakeholders to create a supportive environment for digital skills in Cote d’Ivoire. The DigiFemmes Program combines an innovative, yet proven pedagogical approach to skill training with a built-in sustainability mechanism to ensure that the program is impactful, scalable and sustainable.
About the job
The Campus Manager will assume overall responsibility for the smooth running of the Academy centre; including staff management, student welfare and liaison with Program Managers.
They will solve everyday problems, deal with emergency situations and will be responsible for students’ welfare and discipline
Academic Coordinator (Registry)
- Draw up academic/school calendar for the Academy, with direction from the Program manager;
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to staff members, including but not limited to support with stationery, photocopying;
- Handle the allocation of meeting rooms according to existing timetable;
- Provide timely information to students relating to the activities of the Academy;
- Support student activities i.e. on boarding, assist international students with regularising their residence requirements etc.;
- Support the coordination of orientation and graduation ceremonies with the Program manager and Marketing Manager;
- Manage data management platforms;
- Generated ad-hoc reports on students;
- Manage records and ensures accurate archiving;
- Monitored student attendance
Management and administrative tasks
- Set up and manage the campus in accordance with the guidelines of the programme management.
- Coordinate cordial and transparent communication between the campus, service providers and Programme staff at all times.
- Liaise with students or their supervisors on a daily basis, both informally and at scheduled meetings.
- Communicate with them, understand their needs and expectations and cooperate with them at all times.
- Dealing with day-to-day problems and implementing workable solutions.
- Manage the leisure staff and ensure that they successfully carry out the programme of activities.
- Controlling the budget for campus life expenses, managing petty cash in accordance with procedures and maintaining accurate accounting records and receipts.
- Participate in weekend training and activities on campus.
- To be fully aware of and knowledgeable about the rules to ensure the welfare and protection of students and to act as their designated person for their development on campus.
- To help students adjust to life on campus and to understand information about personal safety and the rules of the centre.
- Personal safety: Ensuring that the cultural, religious and dietary needs of each student are met and respected.
- Maintaining student discipline on campus in liaison with the management team and group leaders.
- Collecting and reading student and group leader evaluation questionnaires and taking any necessary action in consultation with the management
- Meet with students or parents to identify areas of concern, absenteeism, attitude, problems and learning difficulties and refer cases to appropriate support units on campus;
- Guide students and provide them with tools for success in the programme, this may include counselling sessions (individual or group);
- A minimum education level of BAC+3 with 2 years of work experience
- Bilingual ( French and English). An additional Ivorian dialect is a plus.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Flexibility and ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
- A valid first aid certificate is an asset.
Why our employees love working with us:
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds represented in our company. We truly value diversity and believe that the cultural landscape of our organization should reflect the types of work that we engage in and the places that we do it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and strongly encourage applicants from historically underrepresented groups to apply to all of our roles at Seedstars.