Are you interested in leading the growth of a fintech startup in Myanmar, while being part of a global network?
Who we are
ShweLan is a Fintech startup, part of the Seedstars network, that provides technology solutions to offer credit to SMEs in Myanmar. We are on a mission to improve access to credit to SMEs in Myanmar and improve financial inclusion in the country.
About the job
Your main job as an Entrepreneur in Residence will be to help grow our SME lending tech startup in Myanmar.
You will be on the ground to help grow the venture, with main responsibilities such as:
(A) Business development, sales and operations
- Build the case of expanding our venture in Myanmar
- Identify business opportunities worth pursuing, generating critical business assumptions and validating them
- Defining and implementing KPI tracking on the local venture
- Find and secure local partners focusing on the FMCG sector
(B) Scout, recruit and form teams locally, test mindset and expectations
- You are a strong believer in our mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through tech and entrepreneurship
- You have string knowledge in the FMCG sector in Myanmar
- Previous relevant experience with the job is a MUST
- Strong belief in getting things done - We are nomads traveling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working in remote with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
Why our employees love working with us:
- We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on. It’s one of the perks of a fast growing international company
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team
- We strive by giving autonomy and flexibility to our teams. We have a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 30 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.