Are you passionate about startups and want to play an important role in developing the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Latam, and then transition to a global role?
Who we are
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 90+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
About Seedstars World
Seedstars World is the largest seed-stage tech competition in emerging markets through which we source top companies and provide them with networking opportunities, mentoring and access to funding. Every year it reunites over 2000+ startups, investors, accelerators/incubators, corporates, media/press and government agencies in over 90 online events worldwide, as well as 5 Regional Stage episodes - online pitching competitions - and a Grand Finale.
About the job
We are looking for a Community & Event Manager to organise the Regional Summit in Latin America and gather all the local winners from the region and the mentors, investors and partners we work with throughout the year! As the organiser of the flagship event in the region, the role also entails supervising the sales and execution of the local events (around 15/region) and make sure the Local event team reach their KPIs and generate leads (Sales, attendees, mentors) for your Regional Summit!
It's a great opportunity to play an important role in organising the largest tech events dedicated to startups and emerging markets worldwide.
This role is divided in four parts :
- First, you will be managing the online competition process in the region and make sure to reach your KPIs while enjoying the work environment.
- Second, you will be managing the sales of the Seedstars World products in the region, P&L of the region and fundraising.
- You will be analyzing startups on their business models, progress and growth.
- Finally, you will move to a coordination role to support the organization of the Regional Stage episodes as well as the Grand finale to be held in March-April 2021.
The tasks include but are not limited to:
- Planning, implementation and follow-up for the all stages of the Online Seedstars World competition 2020/21 in Latam
- Managing the selling and executing the online events as well as analysis of the startups progress.
- Execution & Operations
- Coordination of podcasts, articles, the Mag episodes
- Startups sourcing
- Communication with relevant stakeholders and community engagement
- Organization of online events: ranging from liaising with speakers, communication with mentors and organising different panel discussions and workshops with experts.
- Maintenance of the event website and platform
- Fundraising & Partner Deliverables
- Sales of the Seedstars World products
- Leads generation
- Executing partnerships and ensuring deliverables are met
- Startups analysis
- Conduct interviews with startups
- Tracking of startups progress
- Excellent ability to read, write, speak English and Spanish fluently (is a must)
- Previous event organisation experience is a must, previous leadership experience is a plus.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to details
- Strong sales focus
- Strong belief in getting things done - it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working in remote with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
- An ability to connect - comfortable in new environments and more importantly loving engaging with new people and circumstances. You must be able to network and connect with different types of people.
Benefits and perks
- Exposure to cultures and ecosystems from over 90 countries
- Build your network in emerging markets of tech entrepreneurs and investors
- Join a young, passionate, hungry and growing team of entrepreneurs & facilitators
- Access to our internal Academy with dedicated courses on growth hacking, finance or online marketing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.