Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
About Seedstars and SAFEEM
Seedstars is a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organised around two key activities; 1) talent incubation and 2) VC investing. We incubate talent and high growth ventures through a series of programs from idea stage to early growth stage. We are currently building a platform of funds to be positioned as a key early-stage emerging market VC.
SAFEEM is a non-profit organization that supports and empowers entrepreneurs in emerging markets. As the consortium lead, SAFEEM will serve as the main point of contact to MCC and will ensure alignment and coordination with the consortium partners, as well as implement and foster learning mechanisms throughout the project.
About the Program
The DigiFemmes Program is a holistic technical assistance program to enhance the capacity of women in Cote d’Ivoire to run and grow successful businesses by participating in the digital economy. The program supports existing W-SMEs in their growth journeys, creates a robust pipeline of new W-SMEs, and works with ecosystem stakeholders to create a supportive environment for digital skills in Cote d’Ivoire. The DigiFemmes Program combines an innovative, yet proven pedagogical approach to skill training with a built-in sustainability mechanism to ensure that the program is impactful, scalable and sustainable.
About the job
Reporting to the Project Director and M&E Lead, the M&E Officer will lead on the implementation and operation of M&E systems from project initiation to close. She/he will oversee the monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results, providing regular project reports to the Programs team. She/he will conduct regular project data collection and identify methods to use results for program improvement. She/he will lead activity efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation and performance reporting within the geographic area of activity.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer’s primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for making sure data collection follows the M&E Plan for the project
- Contribute to the impact framework outlined for the program to make sure it is accurately capturing the local context
- Lead role in overseeing data collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting, ensuring that data is of high quality and audit worthy.
- Regular communication and progress reporting to the M&E Lead
- Responsible for supporting the preparation and review of program reports in collaboration with program staff.
- Manage research activities and ensure outcomes and lessons learned are integrated into the project and shared with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide training to consortium partners and staff to ensure the implementation of strong M&E systems.
- Relevant studies or experience in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related fields.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/ performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Proven success in assisting or designing, implementing and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Fluency in English and French
Why our employees love working with us:
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds represented in our company. We truly value diversity and believe that the cultural landscape of our organization should reflect the types of work that we engage in and the places that we do it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and strongly encourage applicants from historically underrepresented groups to apply to all of our roles at Seedstars.