Senior Investment Analyst
Seedstars is a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organised around two key activities; 1) talent incubation and 2) VC investing. We incubate talent and high growth ventures through a series of programs from idea stage to early growth stage. On top of that, we are also building a platform of funds to be positioned as a key early-stage emerging market VC.
About the DeveloPPP Ventures Program
DeveloPPP Ventures is aimed at young companies, whose innovative business model improves living conditions in a developing or emerging country and who are planning to scale up. Via a matching-funds model, the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) provides a grant of up to 100,000 euros for suitable growth investments.
About the job
Your main objective will be to lead the investment-related activities of the project which is to assess the deal-flow and set-up the overall capital needs for each enterprise (grant, investment, loans). You will support in the selection of enterprises to join the program and complete a light-touch due diligence per the provided guidelines. You should be available to start this role by 5th of January 2023.
You need to be based out of Tanzania. Applications will be accepted until December 9th, 2022.
- You will take the lead in Screening and Selection of deal-flow
- You will take part in a pitch competition to select the companies that will go through the due diligence (onsite in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam)
- You will take part in company visits (onsite in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam)
- You will lead the due-diligence of the ventures in the program
- You will prepare the investment documentation (investment memo, financial model, target indicators etc)
- You will assess the capital needs of the ventures (loans, grants, venture capital)
- You will be asked to provide connections to investors in the local startup ecosystem
- Your mindset
- You have a passion for startups, impact investments and technology, particularly in emerging markets
- You have a strong belief in getting things done - You have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
- You share a conviction of bootstrapping and love of the web/tech world
- Your experience
- You have at least 5 years of investment analyst experience in Africa
- Excellent ability to read, write, speak English
- You have a background in finance or an investment-related field
- You have experience working with startups from the African continent
- You should have a network of investors and ecosystem enablers within the African startup ecosystem
- You should have extensive experience in due diligence methodologies
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- A high degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get shit done attitude
- Flexible working hours & fully remote team
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status