SAFEEM (Swiss Association For Entrepreneurship in Emerging Markets) is a Geneva-based non-profit organization on a mission to support entrepreneurs in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. SAFEEM is an independent organisation that operates in partnership with Seedstars, a global investment holding with a similar goal of impacting people's lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The organization works with Seedstars staff and has an Equivalency Determination (ED) certificate from NGOsource, proving its equivalence to a Certified Public Charity. SAFEEM has previously collaborated with various organizations such as UN Environment (UNEP), GIZ, European Union, Visa Foundation, and more to fuel economic growth and create jobs in emerging markets.
About the Role
As a Program Manager you will be part of the team managing and coordinating the modules for the entrepreneurship programs we are running on the ground in Togo. Your main objectives will be to (1) make sure our beneficiaries gain value out of the programs we provide (2) ensure partner satisfaction and coordination (3) Ensure that the programs are being delivered successfully and that we have the right teams in place. Program Managers are also coaches and facilitators, serve as the key point of contact, oversee the curriculum roadmap, run all program meetings and reports, and serve as a conduit between business units across the group. The Program Manager will report to the Program Director.
This is an on the ground opportunity starting in December 2023, to be based in Lome, Togo for a period of 9 months initially, with the possibility of an extension.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Full cycle program delivery: From program design, implementation, to reporting.
- Managing partner relationships (KPI alignment, deliverable validation, feedback, etc.).
- Project administration (contract finalisation, invoicing, budget tracking, reporting, etc.).
- Coordinating and training the various teams that are to deliver the programs.
- Communication with all stakeholders (internal, with startups, and with the partners and clients).
- Tracking, monitoring and evaluation of program metrics and milestone completion.
- Ensuring the program stays on track from a budget and timeline perspective.
- Identify the areas for improvement of the programs and share best practices.
- Work hand-in-hand with the external mentors / experts to prepare their sessions and train them how to work with the entrepreneurs to provide the best possible value through the webinars and face-to-face interactions.
- Support and lead initiatives for community growth and engagement as well as investor relations.
- Fully bilingual in French and English.
- At least 2-3 years in operational positions, such as running entrepreneurial innovation programs, supporting startups, developing startup ecosystem.
- A track record in Project Management with strong hands-on technical acumen.
- Excellent communication skills for overseeing staff and working with other management personnel.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to catch minor errors which can result in major problems.
- Organizational skills for keeping track of various employees and schedules simultaneously.
- Capacity to organize PIP and reports for several projects.
Nice to have
- Deeply involved in and knowledgeable about the startup ecosystem in your country or region with a strong network
- You are either a local entrepreneur or innovation enthusiast
- Fluency in Ewé
Why our employees love working with us:
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth and learning opportunities early on, including impactful and skills-enhancing roles in innovative programs.
- Robust on-boarding to translate our values and ways of working into successful outcomes
- Excellent networking opportunities, including exposure to thought leaders and SMEs in the field of entrepreneurial support
- An entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team
- Autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds represented in our company. We truly value diversity and believe that the cultural landscape of our organization should reflect the types of work that we engage in and the places that we do it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and strongly encourage women, people from emerging markets, and those from historically underrepresented groups to apply to all of our roles at Seedstar