SAFEEM (Swiss Association For Entrepreneurship in Emerging Markets) is a Geneva-based non-profit organization on a mission to support entrepreneurs in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. SAFEEM is an independent organisation that operates in partnership with Seedstars, a global investment holding with a similar goal of impacting people's lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The organization works with Seedstars staff and has an Equivalency Determination (ED) certificate from NGOsource, proving its equivalence to a Certified Public Charity. SAFEEM has previously collaborated with various organizations such as UN Environment (UNEP), GIZ, European Union, Visa Foundation, and more to fuel economic growth and create jobs in emerging markets.
About the Role
The Community Manager for the Togo Academy program will build, grow, nurture, and manage online communities as well as oversee and organise events that will generate impact for program beneficiaries and entrepreneurs on-the-ground. The Community Manager will ensure our online and physical events are successful and cost-effective, by expert management of budget and time constraints and will play a vital role in fostering a vibrant and supportive ecosystem that drives innovation and impact across Togo and beyond.
This is an on the ground opportunity starting in Q1 of 2024, to be based in Lome, Togo for a period of 9 months initially, with the possibility of an extension. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Create a plan of engagement for each community stakeholder for the program.
- Development and Implement community engagement strategy and measures that align with the programs’ goals and objectives.
- Share insights on community structure, analysis, building activities, and retention strategies.
- Support the core programs team on Seedstars social media channels (including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Slack, Instagram, etc.) to promote Seedstars initiatives and connect with the community.
- Host and organize online and offline events (e.g., webinars, workshops, and social gatherings) to foster networking and knowledge sharing.
Partnerships and synergies
- Support global community building efforts, including partnerships with other organizations.
- Position Seedstars at online and in-person conferences, forums, events, workshops, and meetings with our diverse partner organizations, experts, and advisors.
- Evaluate areas of opportunity for revenue growth for specific market segments and key accounts and turn them into actionable sales.
- Your Mindset
- Excellent team player with high levels of empathy
- Passion for engaging people, and keeping up positive, high performing energy throughout programs
- Passion for problem solving and striving for excellence
- Knack for coordination
- Extremely polished and straightforward communication –written and spoken– with different levels of stakeholders
- You are extremely rigorous in following processes (even self-set) to achieve your objectives
- Your Experience
- Fluent French with a strong command of English
- 3+ years experience experience in community building, event organization and content management
- Ability to develop creative, engaging and original content.
- Proficient in google suite and social media management platforms and tools
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Nice to have
- Strong understanding of gender issues, digital technologies, and their role in economic and social development.
- You are either a local entrepreneur, innovation enthusiast.
- Familiarity with startup incubation and acceleration programs.
- Knowledge of digital marketing and social media analytics.
Why our employees love working with us:
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth and learning opportunities early on, including impactful and skills-enhancing roles in innovative programs.
- Robust on-boarding to translate our values and ways of working into successful outcomes
- Excellent networking opportunities, including exposure to thought leaders and SMEs in the field of entrepreneurial support
- An entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team
- Autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds represented in our company. We truly value diversity and believe that the cultural landscape of our organization should reflect the types of work that we engage in and the places that we do it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and strongly encourage women, people from emerging markets, and those from historically underrepresented groups to apply to all of our roles at Seedstars.