Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
Seedstars Programs & Investments runs programs for startups (acceleration, growth, investment-readiness) and funds high impact technology entrepreneurs in emerging markets. We leverage ours on the ground presence and network that covers 80 markets to discover the best early-stage ventures and provide value from idea to the later stage. We also take companies to the next level through our programs and work closely with the entrepreneurs to give them access to the Seedstars global infrastructure and know-how (network, funding, technology team, etc).
About the job
We are looking for an Intern to join the Programs & Investments squad, and help support the Investment Readiness Program.
- Primarily the candidate will manage the organization and execution of the program (managing webinars and office hours, logistics, mentors relationship, content preparation, internal communication).
- Additional support will be required for the application process which includes sourcing, evaluation and selection startups to the program.
- Eventually and upon relevant expertise, it might require as well to assist in Office Hours to mentor startups participating in the program.
- Previous relevant experience in an incubation/acceleration program is preferred
- Passion for startups and technology, particularly in emerging markets is a MUST
- Strong organizational skills as you will be managing multiple time zones (from Asia to Latin America) and in touch with diverse stakeholders (entrepreneurs, mentors, etc).
- Flexibility & International exposure - This job only makes sense for someone who is passionate about travelling and excited to go somewhere completely new, often on very little notice & with a couch surfer attitude
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details (at the question "please describe who you are in a tweet" start your answer with the word "kiskil")
- Strong belief in getting things done - We are nomads travelling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working in remote with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
Why our employees say they love working with us:
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centred practices (read here: seedsta.rs/worldblu)
- We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on. It’s one of the perks of a fast-growing international company
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team
- We strive by giving autonomy and flexibility to our teams. We have a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 40 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.