Do you want to become an investment analyst for an international impact investment firm and engage with hundreds of startups in emerging markets?
Who we are
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
About Seedstars International
Seedstars International is a global seed stage investment vehicle with over 50 portfolio companies and counting. We invest through batches via the Growth Program (post-acceleration program focused on implementing a growth methodology) and support the top percentile of companies through their next one of two funding rounds. We invest across all sectors but have a focus on FinTech, EdTech, HealthTech and AgTech.
About the job
We are looking for an analyst to join the team and manage the sourcing, screening, investment and support of seed-stage startups in a specific region. Considering we have activities in approximately 15 countries / regions, this role involves extensive travels throughout the year as we visit key ecosystems to meet with stakeholders and deliver trainings to potential portfolio companies.
- The candidate will actively participate in building relationships with local investors and key ecosystem players on the ground.
- The candidate will be responsible for delivering various trainings to target portfolio companies.
- The candidate will be expected to write reports about the different ecosystems in the region.
- The candidate will source, manage and screen startups based on Seedstars’ investment criteria.
- The candidate will negotiate with potential portfolio companies.
- The candidate will prepare material for the investment committees.
- The candidate will mentor startups through the Growth Program.
- The candidate will manage ongoing relationships, data collection and support of portfolio companies.
- The candidate will support in the organisation of the annual regional Summit/Demo Day.
- 2+ years prior experience in a VC, accelerator or early stage investment firm.
- Passion for startups and technology, particularly in emerging markets.
- Ability to conduct market analysis and write reports about sectors and ecosystems.
- Financial acumen and strong analytical skills (Excel/Google Spreadsheet expert) and an understanding of key startup metrics.
- Flexibility & International exposure - This job only makes sense for someone who is passionate about traveling and excited to go somewhere completely new, often on very little notice & with a couch surfer attitude.
- Strong belief in getting things done - We are nomads traveling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working remotely with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen.
Why our team members say they love working with us?
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets.
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on.
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team.
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want.
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices (read here: seedsta.rs/worldblu).
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 40 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.