Are you interested in joining a fast-growing international startup, aiming at a meaningful financial inclusion of emerging markets and work in a flexible environment filled with learning opportunities?
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
QuickCheck is a Nigerian Fintech Startup of Seedstars portfolio with the mission of providing financial services to underserved consumers. Built by people who work towards solving real-world problems, we realized that a large portion of the Nigerian population has no access to proper banking services... We want to fill this gap!
About the job
Through data science and a smartphone app, QuickCheck builds a credit profile of the borrower and enables Nigerians across the country to easily access microloans from their phone, without the need of any form of collateral or guarantor. We are looking for a motivated, energizing talent to join us in Lagos and embrace the challenge of minimizing loss resulting from non-repayment of loans, by proposing and reiterating strategies to achieve this objective, in the of role Credit Collection Team Lead.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Complete ownership of the Credit Collection process, coordination of the internal team and external collection agencies, integration with Customer Support unit
- Ensuring Credit Collection team follows the defined process and reaches the targets set
- Regularly deploy experiments to test new ideas aiming lowering defaults, by leveraging on data and technology
- Preparation of key management reports, providing insights based on data analysis and identification of patterns
- Monitoring solutions on the market and liaise with Operations/Dev teams to find ways of optimizing/automating internal processes
- Regularly review the communication in use, update the documentation and train the team accordingly
- Proactive personality, with an innate drive to exploring different options for reaching results
- 2-3 years in handling operations, optimizing processes, with an understanding of the big picture and its business implications - prior experience in the banking/financial sector is not a must
- Strong leadership skills: you lead by example, have with high ambitions and desire to learn more
- You are used to managing a team by setting, monitoring and reaching targets
- You like autonomy and have the ability to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- You read daily internet/mobile market trends and in love with technology: you use it to optimize your time and work more efficiently
- You possess strong analytical and IT skills, proficiency in Excel; familiarity with pivot tables and basic SQL knowledge will give you an advantage
Benefits and perks
- Work from the coolest co-working space in Lagos: we got our private office at Seespace in Ikoyi
- Be part of a global movement and build your network in 80+ emerging markets
- We are a young team of entrepreneurs who want to make things happen
- You will be FREE, we give you the autonomy to "run the show"
- Flexible working hours
- Terrace with stunning 7th floor view, where you can enjoy lunch served by the in-house restaurant
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.