Are you interested in joining a fast-growing international startup, in a role where the responsibilities pivot around your ability to take data on board, analyze it and provide valued insight and strategy within a Credit Collection environment? This is your position! You will be the owner of our Credit Collection process, with a leading role supervising all operations of debt recovery and customer support.
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
QuickCheck is a Nigerian Fintech Startup of Seedstars portfolio with the mission of providing financial services to underserved consumers. Built by people who work towards solving real-world problems, we realized that a large portion of the Nigerian population has no access to proper banking services... We want to fill this gap!
About the job
Through data science and a smartphone app, QuickCheck builds a credit profile of the borrower and enables Nigerians across the country to easily access microloans from their phone, without the need of any form of collateral or guarantor. We are looking for a motivated, energizing talent to join us in Lagos and embrace the challenge of minimizing loss resulting from non-repayment of loans, by proposing and reiterating initiatives to achieve this objective, in the role of Head of Collections Strategy & Operations.
Responsibilities for this role include
- Complete ownership of the Credit Collection process, coordination of the internal team and external collection agencies, integration with Customer Support unit
- Ensuring the process is operated effectively
- Providing insights and targets to the team in order to reach key results
- Gathering and analyzing business requirements from Credit Collection stakeholders
- Leading collections initiatives through a systematic deployment of experiments to test new ideas aiming at lowering defaults, by leveraging on data and technology
- Preparation of key executive reports, providing insights based on data analysis and identification of patterns
- Monitoring solutions on the market and liaise with Operations/Dev teams to find ways of optimizing/automating internal processes
- Regularly update the process mapping, review the communication in use and train the team accordingly, in order to achieve efficiency and effectiveness
- Proactive personality, with an innate drive to exploring different options for reaching results
- 2-3 years in handling operations, optimizing processes, with an understanding of the big picture and its business implications
- Experience in a dynamic environment such as startup will be valued more than banking/financial sector
- Strong leadership skills: you lead by example, humble but with high ambitions and desire to learn more
- You are used to managing a team by setting, monitoring and reaching targets
- You like autonomy and have the ability to adapt to new challenges and uncertainty in a fast-paced environment
- You read daily internet/mobile market trends and in love with technology: you use it to optimize your time and work more efficiently
- You possess strong analytical and IT skills, proficiency in Excel; familiarity with pivot tables and basic SQL knowledge will give you an advantage
Benefits and perks
- Work from the coolest co-working space in Lagos: we got our private office at Seedspace in Ikoyi
- Be part of a global movement and build your network in 80+ emerging markets
- We are a young team of entrepreneurs who want to make things happen
- You will be FREE, we give you the autonomy to "run the show"
- Flexible working hours
- Terrace with stunning 7th floor view, where you can enjoy lunch served by the in-house restaurant
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.