Do you want to become an investment analyst for an international impact investment firm and engage with hundreds of startups in emerging markets?
Who we are
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
Seedstars Investments, the investment arm of Seedstars, funds high impact technology entrepreneurs in emerging markets. We leverage our on the ground presence and network that covers 80 markets to discover the best early stage ventures and provide value from idea to the later stage. We also take companies to the next level through our acceleration program and work closely with the entrepreneurs to give them access to the Seedstars global infrastructure and know-how (network, funding, technology team, etc).
About the job
We are looking for an analyst to join the Investment team and help support our sourcing, acceleration and monitoring activities. This is a role which can be done either from our global office in Porto, or remote.
- Primarily the candidate will manage deal flow and screen startups based on corporate partners’ specific parameters, innovation objectives, and investment criteria.
- The candidate will conduct due diligence on the selected companies that are to receive investment in the framework of the program.
- Depending on the period, additional support will be required with financial modelling and market analysis.
- Passion for startups and technology, particularly in emerging markets
- Financial acumen and strong analytical skills (Excel/Google Spreadsheet expert) and an understanding of key startup metrics
- Flexibility & International exposure - This job only makes sense for someone who is passionate about traveling and excited to go somewhere completely new, often on very little notice & with a couch surfer attitude
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to details (at the question "please describe who you are in a tweet" start your answer with the word "kiskil")
- Strong belief in getting things done - We are nomads traveling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working in remote with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
Why our employees love working with us:
- We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on. It’s one of the perks of a fast growing international company
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team
- We strive by giving autonomy and flexibility to our teams. We have a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to their work when and how they want
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 30 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.