Credit Risk Analyst at QuickCheck
About Seedstars Group
Seedstars is a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organized around two key activities: 1) creating jobs and fueling economic growth by partnering with local entities; 2) investing in high growth technology companies in impactful sectors.
QuickCheck is a Nigerian Fintech Startup with the mission of becoming the one-stop platform for micro-entrepreneurs and small business owners to solve their financial needs. Branchless. Responsible. QuickCheck leverages artificial intelligence to build an app-based product that has been downloaded by more than 2.5 Million people. It has processed over 5 Million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 120+ people, from multiple locations around the world, hustling every day to make our crazy vision a reality - and won’t rest until our app is used every day by millions of entrepreneurs!
About the job
As a Credit Risk Analyst, you will play a critical role in the company and the Credit Risk team. You will work with relevant stakeholders to mitigate risks and losses. You will have the opportunity to advance your analytics and risk management skills as more complex problems surface.
- Work with the credit risk team to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Use data driven insights to develop strategic plans with a significant impact on business result
- Portfolio monitoring: performance of existing loan portfolios, identifying trends and potential areas of concern.
- Develop and implement credit risk assessment strategies that align with the company's risk appetite and regulatory guidelines.
- Regularly communicate credit risk assessments and recommendations to senior management and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to enhance underwriting processes, using data-driven insights to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, regulations, and best practices in credit risk management.
- Financial modeling and simulations
- Gain risk insights by analyzing large volumes of data
- Degree in a quantitative field
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in credit risk management
- Knowledge of expected credit loss parameters modeling is a plus
- Knowledge of lending in a start-up/Fintech/Neo bank is a must
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on Exposure to statistical concepts and analytical approaches.
- Good knowledge in SQL and Excel
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal). Excellent organizational, analytical, and time-management skills.
- You are curious and love solving problems that make a positive impact.
- You have good work ethics and you are a high performer
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- Modern and cool office, Silicon Valley style 8-)
- High degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get shit done attitude
- Pension, Life, and health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.