Acceleration Program Investment Director Africa
- Full Time
About the Seedstars Group
Seedstars is a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices and a presence in 80+ emerging markets.We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organised around two key activities:
(1) Working in partnership with governments, development agencies, corporate partners, and private donors to develop emerging market entrepreneurship ecosystems, create jobs and fuel economic growth.
(2) Investing in high growth technology companies in impactful sectors in emerging and frontier markets and supporting them with capital, knowledge and introductions.
About the Programs Team
The Programs team’s key activity is to provide venture support through the execution of structured programs to make sure entrepreneurs have the knowledge, network, and services to scale. The Programs team operates as a critical revenue generator for Seedstars by developing tailored solutions to address unique challenges faced by companies and entrepreneurs around the globe. The team works in close collaboration with many business units throughout the group, including Marketing, Sales, and Finance.
About the job
We are hiring an Acceleration Program Investment Director to join an exciting project which aims to support enterprises across Africa. Your objective will be to co-lead every aspect of the VC process: supporting existing portfolio companies, fundraising, team management, strategy etc. This role can be done remotely. Preference given to candidates based in Africa.
- Manage and train the Investment Managers/Associates/Analysts
- Support with LP relationship building, fundraising and reporting
- Drive first-ticket investment discussions and decisions for pre-seed and seed stage ventures
- Lead follow on investment due diligence, analysis and presentation to the Investment Committee
- Build deep relationships with top Angel Networks, VC Partners and leading ecosystem enablers
- Support portfolio companies post-investment and drive exit opportunities
- Manage the portfolio diversification and fund allocation
- You have a passion for ventures and technology, particularly in emerging markets and in the field of entrepreneurship and innovation
- You have a strong belief in getting things done - You have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
- Extensive experience in VC or PE, preferably in emerging and frontier markets (ideally in Africa)
- Crypto/Blockchain experience
- Knowledge of technology and market trends
- Highly developed financial and analytical skills
- Investment structuring know-how
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why our employees love working with us
- We are on a mission that is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds represented in our company. We truly value diversity and believe that the cultural landscape of our organization should reflect the types of work that we engage in and the places that we do it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and strongly encourage applicants from historically underrepresented groups to apply to all of our roles at Seedstars.