Research Analyst Latin America
Seedstars is a group headquartered in Switzerland / Geneva on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging and frontier markets through technology and entrepreneurship. We operate 2 main activities to achieve our mission: (A) We work in partnership with development agencies, governments, corporate partners, and private donors to develop entrepreneurship ecosystems, create jobs, and fuel income growth. (B) We invest in high-growth technology companies in impactful sectors (fintech, ed-tech, agritech, health tech, etc) in emerging markets.
About the Programs Business
Seedstars Programs consults multilateral and bilateral organisations, governments, and private sector foundations on customized interventions and financing solutions for small and growing businesses (SGBs) in emerging markets. Our goal is to create thriving entrepreneurship ecosystems and generate positive social and economic impact in the global south and developing economies.
We support our clients in:
- Developing entrepreneurship ecosystems (insights and advice on policy, finance, culture, support infrastructure, human capital, and markets) based on our proprietary Seedstars Index.
- Designing and co-creating customized interventions and implementing programs based on the segmentation of businesses and their specific needs.
- Setting up innovative development finance facilities and managing capital flows (VC & Equity program funds, Convertibles, Catalytic finance instruments, Impact linked finance, blended finance, result or revenue-based finance, loans, mezzanine, grants, etc.).
- Measuring and managing the impact of programmatic interventions.
The majority of our projects are sustainable development goal (SDG) driven and tackle some of the world's most pressing challenges like climate action, gender equality, migration, and financial inclusion.
About the Role
To further increase our impact across the Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) region, we are looking for a motivated research analyst to join our regional Seedstars Latin America team to support our - 1) Partnerships team in research, partner sourcing and development of new programs, and 2) Program Execution in implementing high impact Incubation/ Accelerator programs all over Latin America.
You will gain hands-on experience working on challenging yet meaningful projects with guidance from a mentor and other members of our team.
This is a fully remote, paid internship for a duration of 6 months, with a maximum monthly budget of 1000 USD / month. Preference will be given to candidates based in CDMX.
- Review tenders on a weekly basis, assess and select the most relevant ones for further review by the team.
- Support the preparation of grant applications.
- Conduct administrative work (setting up meetings, taking notes and following up with partners).
- Support the team in full-cycle program implementation from planning to execution.
- Conduct research on the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Latin America and present the findings in the form of industry or sector documents that will guide the development of new partnerships and services.
- Provide input on customer briefs, presentations, and sales literature.
- Assist in researching and generating new leads, evaluating new partnership opportunities, building proposals, and responding to bids.
- Located in Latin America and can thrive in a remote and fast-paced environment.
- Able to read/ write/ speak Spanish and English.
- Excellent team player with high levels of empathy.
- Passion for problem solving and striving for excellence.
- Excellent organization skills with a knack for coordination and juggling competing priorities.
- Extremely polished and straightforward communication –written and spoken– with different levels of stakeholders.
- Comfortable delivering under pressure with tight deadlines.
Nice to have
- An interest in gender issues, digital technologies, climate, migration, financial inclusion and their role in economic and social development.
- You are either a local entrepreneur, innovation enthusiast, or are knowledgeable about the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Familiarity with startup incubation and acceleration programs.
- Work on increasingly challenging and engaging real-world projects.
- Excellent professional network growth opportunities and exposure.
- Gain hands-on experience in each stage of the sales funnel and program implementation.
- Work closely with experienced professionals and a mentor who has over 10 years of experience in the field.
- Attend meetings, events, and other networking opportunities.
- Paid internship.
Why our team members love working with us
- We are on a mission that is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets.
- You get many growth and learning opportunities early on, including impactful and skills-enhancing roles in innovative programs.
- Robust onboarding to translate our values and ways of working into successful outcomes.
- Excellent networking opportunities, including exposure to thought leaders and SMEs in the field of entrepreneurial support.
- An entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team.
- Autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want.
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom-centered practices.