SAFEEM (Swiss Association For Entrepreneurship in Emerging Markets) is a Geneva-based non-profit organization on a mission to support entrepreneurs in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. SAFEEM is an independent organisation that operates in partnership with Seedstars, a global investment holding with a similar goal of impacting people's lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The organization works with Seedstars staff and has an Equivalency Determination (ED) certificate from NGOsource, proving its equivalence to a Certified Public Charity. SAFEEM has previously collaborated with various organizations such as UN Environment (UNEP), GIZ, European Union, Visa Foundation, and more to fuel economic growth and create jobs in emerging markets.
About the program
The Togo Program is a holistic technical assistance upskilling program to enhance the capacity of entrepreneurs and women in Togo to run and grow successful digitally-enabled businesses to minimize the digital divide, catalyze economic growth, and create jobs.
About the role
The Marketing Manager will head up marketing and communications efforts and develop and implement a comprehensive marketing, public relations, social media, audiovisual production and communication strategy for the Togo program and its core components, working in close collaboration with the program managers, and the community manager. They will use content marketing to optimize and meet the communication goals of the program and craft and generate engaging content (articles, pictures, videos, infographics, etc) through storytelling, and distribute it for our partners and community in the most effective and KPI-driven way under tight timelines.
This is an on the ground opportunity starting in Q1 of 2024, to be based in Lome, Togo for a period of 9 months initially, with the possibility of an extension. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive full cycle marketing strategy that aligns with the Togo program's goals and objectives.
- Develop, manage, and rollout engaging marketing campaigns across various channels, including digital, social media, video, and public relations.
- Learn iteratively on sourcing mechanisms for participants in the program.
- Build and own an experiment pipeline and playbook of best practices to scale learnings and share with stakeholders internally.
- Manage and monitor marketing budgets.
- Track and analyze marketing data to measure campaign performance and optimize strategies accordingly.
- Manage our online presence in collaboration with the core programs marketing team to ensure it is up-to-date, informative, and aligned with the Seedstars brand.
- Produce or supervise the creation of visual aids such as catalogs, advertising media, point-of-sale advertising such as posters, ads, exhibition stands, product brochures, web inserts, etc..
- Build and maintain relationships with potential partners, donors, and media outlets to leverage for the program.
- Represent SAFEEM at industry events and conferences locally.
- Your Mindset
- Excellent team player with high levels of empathy.
- Passion for problem solving and striving for excellence.
- Excellent organization skills with a knack for coordination and juggling competing priorities.
- Extremely polished and straightforward communication –written and spoken– with different levels of stakeholders.
- Comfortable delivering under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Your Experience
- Fluent French with a strong command of English.
- 3+ years experience in Marketing, Digital Media, or a relevant field.
- Ability to develop creative, engaging and original content.
- Proficient in google suite and social media management platforms and tools.
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Nice to have
- Strong understanding of gender issues, digital technologies, and their role in economic and social development.
- You are either a local entrepreneur, innovation enthusiast, or are knowledgeable about the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Familiarity with startup incubation and acceleration programs.
- Knowledge of digital marketing and social media analytics.
Why our employees love working with us:
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets.
- You get many growth and learning opportunities early on, including impactful and skills-enhancing roles in innovative programs.
- Robust on-boarding to translate our values and ways of working into successful outcomes.
- Excellent networking opportunities, including exposure to thought leaders and SMEs in the field of entrepreneurial support.
- An entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team.
- Autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want.
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds represented in our company. We truly value diversity and believe that the cultural landscape of our organization should reflect the types of work that we engage in and the places that we do it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and strongly encourage women, people from emerging markets, and those from historically underrepresented groups to apply to all of our roles at SAFEEM.