Business verification/ Credit Recovery Officer - Oyo
Lendigo Nigeria is a high-growth Financial Technology company, focusing on SME lending in all areas. Our vision is to become the leading champion in SME lending for the common man in Nigeria while developing revolutionary fin-tech products that will change the whole conservative lending industry. Being a part of this ambitious project is what drives us every day and makes us achieve the best results for our clients and reach our ambitious goals.
About the Job
If Fintech sounds interesting to you and if autonomy, a steep learning curve and responsibility from day one are what you desire, then you might be the right fit for us!
We are currently seeking passionate individuals with a flair for business verification/credit recovery to join our team in Lagos, Nigeria. Your main responsibility is to verify business locations and ensure that our customers make payments on time while working closely with other teams together. Moreover, you will also be accountable for improving our overall collections rate. The Business verification/ Credit Recovery Officer will report to the Head of Debt Recovery.
ROLE & FUNCTIONS:
You are responsible for conducting financial and business assessments of Lendigo clients prior to loan disbursals. As a Business Verification Officer, you’ll be the 1st line of defense in assessing the clients’ capacity and character for repaying loans. This would require physical presence at the clients’ place of business and their personal home address in order to create a holistic view of the client’s business value, capacity, and intention to pay back on loans disbursed. You’ll be working together with the Credit risk department and the Collections department and other subject-matter professionals in ensuring that the company's Credit risk is kept to the bare minimum.
You will also be responsible for;
- Conducting detailed background research and analysis on prospective borrowers.
- Timely follow-up and closure of assigned verification checks
- Meeting control requirements and maintaining the integrity of data and reports
- Delivery of confidential documents
- Keeping track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans Handle questions or complaints Investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Create trust relationships with debtors when possible to avoid future issues
- Update account status and database regularly
- Collaborate with internal team members to continuously improve the process and create satisfied customers; and
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
- Young, smart, and hungry to achieve extraordinary results
- You love technology: familiar with the internet, mobile apps, Android phones, e-mail, social media
- You can handle multi-tasking and high pressure by prioritizing your work
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with strong negotiation skills
- Good grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interest in building a career in the FinTech industry
- Excellent collaborator and team player
Benefits and perks:
- Coaching opportunities and learning Financial Technology from the best
- Join a young, passionate, hungry, and growing team of entrepreneurs & facilitators
- Regular get-togethers like team events, etc.
- A high degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get shit done attitude
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you found our job opening on Seedstars’ website
Seedstars is one of Lendigo’s earlier investors. It’s a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 80+ emerging markets, which invests in early-stage tech across emerging markets.