Ambassador - Development Finance and Resource Mobilization
Seedstars is a group headquartered in Switzerland / Geneva on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging and frontier markets through technology and entrepreneurship. We operate 2 main activities to achieve our mission: (A) We work in partnership with development agencies, governments, corporate partners, and private donors to develop entrepreneurship ecosystems, create jobs, and fuel income growth. (B) We invest in high-growth technology companies in impactful sectors (fintech, ed-tech, agritech, health tech, etc) in emerging markets.
About the Programs business
Seedstars Programs consults multilateral and bilateral organisations, governments, and private sector foundations on customized interventions and financing solutions for small and growing businesses (SGBs) in emerging markets. Our goal is to create thriving entrepreneurship ecosystems and generate positive social and economic impact in the global south and developing economies.
We support our clients in:
- Developing entrepreneurship ecosystems (insights and advice on policy, finance, culture, support infrastructure, human capital, and markets) based on our proprietary Seedstars Index.
- Designing and co-creating customized interventions and implementing programs based on the segmentation of businesses and their specific needs.
- Setting up innovative development finance facilities and managing capital flows (VC & Equity program funds, Convertibles, Catalytic finance instruments, Impact linked finance, blended finance, result or revenue-based finance, loans, mezzanine, grants, etc.).
- Measuring and managing the impact of programmatic interventions.
The majority of our projects are sustainable development goal (SDG) driven and tackle some of the world's most pressing challenges like climate action, gender equality, migration, and financial inclusion.
About the job
In order to move to the next level on our mission to impact people’s lives in the emerging market through technology and entrepreneurship, we are seeking ambassadors that support us in establishing and maintaining partnerships to fund our program's initiatives.
Your main objective will be to facilitate connections to key players in the international development sector & entrepreneurial ecosystem on behalf of Seedstars Programs. You will get access to Seedstars' knowledge base, and network, and our staff will support you on our mission.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Partnerships & Sales
- You will position Seedstars at online and in-person conferences, forums, events, workshops, and meetings with our diverse partner organizations, experts, and advisors
- Support our team from the uncovering new prospects all the way to the closing of a contract, while building a strong pipeline of impact-driven partnerships
- Evaluate areas of opportunity for revenue growth for specific market segments and key accounts and turn them into an actionable sales plan/sales playbook
- Overall mobilize more ODA funds going into capacity-building programs for entrepreneurs in emerging markets in order to achieve our mission of creating economic and social impact in local ecosystems
- Help scale on-the-ground, grassroots efforts, and community growth
- Support moderating, and engaging Seedstars online and offline communities
- Assisting in planning and coordinating events for programs
- Support in startup sourcing for programs
- You embody the following Seedstars Values:
- #Out of the comfort zone: you have an entrepreneurial mindset and can thrive in a fast-paced environment where things are not fully defined
- #Independently Together: You can work well alone but are also an amazing team player. You know how to lead and motivate a team
- #Follow the money: You are extremely results-oriented and know how to drive sales activity (as well as motivate your team to do so)
- You care about the solutions being created for entrepreneurs and clients and are good at building trust and relationships
- Your Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in mobilizing funds in the development sector, specifically working with official development assistance (ODA)
- Strong network with our target client groups and donors (bilateral & multilateral organizations, NGOs, private sector foundations, etc.)
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of the entrepreneurship and innovation space
- You have experience or a strong desire to operate in a remote work environment
- You have a good understanding of our business model and the markets and players we connect with
- Ideally, experience in blended finance instruments and technical assistance/program management
Benefits and Compensation
- Part-time position, with a flexible schedule
- Autonomy and a flat hierarchy
- Lucrative sales commission model
- Can be included in RFPs for additional compensation as well as for advisory services for won programs
- Excellent professional network growth opportunities and exposure
- Fully remote, ability to work from anywhere
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds represented in our company. We truly value diversity and believe that the cultural landscape of our organization should reflect the types of work that we engage in and the places where we do it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and strongly encourage women, people from emerging markets, and those from historically underrepresented groups to apply to all of our roles at Seedstars.